The University of Texas at Austin is currently accepting applications for the Summer Undergraduate Research Experience (SURE) Program, which offers internships here at UT Austin to students from traditionally underrepresented backgrounds who are interested in applying to graduate school in psychology. The SURE Program provides hands-on research experiences, professional development workshops, and an introduction to a network of scholars in the field of Psychology. We strongly encourage students from traditionally underrepresented ethnic groups to apply, especially those from institutions with limited research opportunities. No previous research experience is necessary, but applicants are expected to have a strong interest in psychological research as well as a strong academic background.
Students who are accepted into the SURE Program will receive:
- Research experience in a psychology lab at UT Austin
- Individual mentoring by UT psychology faculty and/or graduate students
- Professional development seminars designed to introduce students to the world of research and tools for continuing with research after the SURE program
- A $2500 stipend
- Room & board for the duration of the 2-month program for students who do not live in the Austin area
- The program will run from June 5th to August 5th.
The application deadline is March 31st, 2024. Applicants must be enrolled at a college or university in the state of Texas. Applicants must be a US citizen or already have a work visa (we cannot assist you in obtaining a work visa). Applicants must be majoring in psychology or a related field.
For more information (and to apply), visit the program website at:
Below is a list of links to internships for students interested in psychology. If you find that a link does not work, or if you would like to add a link to this page, please contact Sandra Parsons (email@example.com).